Sunday, January 27, 2008

Yana, Gokarna and Jog

I am updating this blog after quite sometime. I had been to one of the most breath taking places in K'taka in the time gone by..

Abhi, Prem, Sridhar, Manhar, Prabudh and myself went to explore our beautiful coastline.. Malnad area is known for 2 things- beautiful females and beautiful nature spots!

Let me present here a collage of pics.. some of the most breathtaking beaches, water falls and nature spots!

The Yana rock formations: 16Kms from Kumta. A short trek of 3 kms takes you to the rock side.


Careful! don't stamp.. a beautiful insect captured by Abhi..


The tree grown in between the rocks... I loved that tree ;-)


The gang, sans Abhi


Om Beach, Gokarna... Am I in India or abroad? Could find more foreigners than Indians. Lovely blue water..


Water pardy!


Shadow play... Kiran and myself!


This is one of the best sunsets I have seen in my life.. Om Beach- awesome, display of bright colours in the sky.


That is the name of beach-side hotel at Paradise beach. Not for fun is it named Paradise..


Aerial view- Paradise Beach. We tried to trek along the thorn filled hillock nearby. More tiresome than we envisaged.. But as they say, you have to climb the hill to enjoy the view!


Twilight setting in.. no mood to go back (why don't I just buy up some real estate nearby, Bangalore is already over-crowded)..


Where does the water end and sky begins? An artists dream come true..


Can I exchange the boat dear man? He is unaware that we are taking his pic. But, the beautiful sight of Sharavathi river in Honnavar would be etched in my mind.. One day I would want to spend more than just a fleeting glance here!


Jog- devoid of water. But this offered us an excellent opportunity to climb down to the base- a trek which seemed easy but we came to know it is 1.5Kms! (so- all of us were in pitiable condition once we had put in 3Kms trek)..


Picture perfect? Nah... not talking about me, its the rainbow behind. I can assure you its not a product of deft photoshop effort!


With nightfall we were travelling back to Bangalore... 2,500 Rs (approx $63) well spent for a 3 day trip... We had gone in a Qualis. The deparding pic of the setting sun was bringing curtains down on one of the best beach-side trips I have been to!


Well! if you are a nature lover- Gokarna, Karwar and Jog is like Arabian nights come true. Truly magical. I would love to hear back if you know a better place through your comments!

Ciao till next time... Harsha

No comments:

Rate it!